The IZAR CENTER as an M-Bus level converter is able to do readings of M-Bus meters with very high resolution (up to 1 minute possible) and over vast distances (5 km and more by using repeaters). The reading of IZAR RADIO meters is possible by using the IZAR RECEIVER M-BUS.
- 25, 60, 120 or 250 M-Bus devices connectable to one IZAR CENTER
- Automatic transmission of meter data via internet connection using integrated LAN interface or external analog/GSM/GPRS modem
- Automatic meter identification by searching the M-Bus network
- Fast and standardized up-to-date communication interfaces
- (Remote) reading and configuration via USB, RS232/modem or LAN interface
- Alarm functionality on consumption and on instantaneous values with notification (Email with POP - before - SMTP or SMS)
- Compact housing with rail-mounting possibility
- M-Bus master and level converter in one device. IZAR CENTER (without memory) can also be used as M-Bus repeater (amplifier)
- Cascadable to connect more devices or to build up larger M-Bus networks
- Also available as pre-configured system with or without modem in IP 55 or IP 66 installation housing
Principle of operation
The IZAR CENTER is sending out a request to the connected meters. This action could be initiated manually by the user or automatically by the IZAR CENTER. For automatic reading an IZAR CENTER with memory is required to program general or meter indvidual reading intervalls. The meter is responding to that request by giving its values to the IZAR CENTER. The meter data is stored in an inbuilt memory and can be transmitted automatically to a meter reading software (e.g. IZAR@NET Software).
Interfaces USB, Ethernet LAN, RS232 (for PC, modem), M-Bus output and M-Bus repeater input Housing Light-grey rail mount housing with fuse profile made of heat resistent plastic M-Bus transmission speeds 300, 600, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600 baud; autobaud detection on RS232Note:
IZAR CENTER can only be used in combination with the following modem types:
Analog modem: Xmodus 1520S
GSM/GPRS modem: Xmodus 1510S
We have these modems in our product portfolio. Please ask your sales representative for an offer.
Dimensions (LxWxH) IZAR CENTER Set IP55 box: 450x300x142 mm
Dimensions (LxWxH) IZAR CENTER Set IP66 box: 400x300x210 mm
Power supply V AC 110 ... 230 Frequency Hz 50 ... 60 Weight g 472 Protection class IP 20 Ethernet LAN communication speed kByte/s 1.5
Humidity % 10 ... 90 Temperature range °C - 20 ... 70
Memory without with M-Bus level converter • • M-Bus master functionality - • M-Bus repeater functionality • - 256 MByte mass storage integrated - • Device list to manage up to 1,000 meters - • Data ring memory for 500,000 device readouts - • Programmable automatic meter readout - • Parallel readout of memory and reading of meters - • Setting of individual reading intervals and retries - • Automatic transmission of meter data to FTP server - • Use alternate FTP server if upload fails - • Alarm functionality with notification (Email with POP - before - SMTP or SMS) - • Control M-Bus devices on alarm (e.g. switch a valve) - •