R&D Manager for HMI solutions
It’s my job to create added value for our customers.
Timothy Davis, Sales Specialist, is responsible for customer support at Diehl Controls.
At Diehl: The future is in your hands!
More than 17,000 employees are currently shaping the engineering of the future in our five Corporate Divisions Metall, Controls, Defence, Aviation and Metering. Diehl Controls is an internationally leading developer and supplier of resource-saving home appliances and connectivity solutions-bringing energy efficiency and sustainability into homes. Apply at Diehl and join hands with fascinating technologies and unique corporate tradition of stability and trust.
For our branch office in Wrocław we have a position of:
R&D Manager for HMI solutions
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing an interdisciplinary product team (3x HW engineers and 3x SW engineers);
- Implementing the strategy of HMI solutions with an emphasis on cooking & heating products mainly in the home and professional appliance business;
- Focusing on achieving required service levels and customer satisfaction;
- Acting as a member of the global cooking and HMI teams in defining trends and creating roadmaps for future development
- Supporting the Sales department with your technological know-how regarding acquiring new customers/projects based on new HMI solutions and technologies;
- Preparing of product concepts and solutions based on defined customer requirements (RfQ process);
- Supporting the team in implementing the defined concept and solutions for customers through cooperation with cross-functional project teams;
- Making decisions in regards of technical challenges in customer and internal projects;
- Developing effective working relationships with staff and ensure that team is motivated, developed and feels supported;
- Representing the team in dealing with other company departments.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience on similar position (preferred industries: home appliance, consumer electronics, etc.)
- Academic background, preferred degree in electronics, computer science or similar knowledge area;
- Experience in the area of HMI solutions, knowing state-of-the-art technologies i.e. touch and displays;
- Good/broad understanding of product development processes (stage gate and agile) as well as introduction of products to mass production;
- Experience in developing and implementing new products (from the initial concept/idea to SoP readiness);
- Customer oriented and solution driven mind-set;
- Well-developed management, leadership, team working and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication, very good written and spoken English (additional advantage: German);
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and to set priorities to the team;
- Knowledge of labor law and health and safety regulations;
- Willingness to travel (domestic and international).
- Possibility of a professional development in an international environment;
- Possibility to learn (specialist and language training);
- Employment contract;
- Packages: Medical and Social.
If you are interested in the above-mentioned position and you would like to use your ideas and skills in an international company send your application in English and Polish / German via our E-Recruiting System and via button “Apply here/Aplikuj tutaj" which is below.
We inform that we will contact only the selected candidates!
In your application please include the following clause on protection of personal data:
I hereby give consent for my personal data included in this document to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz.U. of 2018, item 1000) and under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).
These are your possible benefits:
Flexible working hours
Good traffic connections
Professional and personal development