Health & Safety: All That Counts
Being and staying healthy and safe: This is more important than anything else. We at Diehl actively promote this because it is your well-being which counts, for each individual and for the company as a whole.
A Wholesome Approach to Your Well-Being
A healthy and motivated workforce is in everybody’s interest, so we do a lot for it. We know: Our health management can only be successful if we follow a holistic approach to it, taking into account both the physical and emotional well-being of our colleagues. In view of demographic change and a longer working life, we all deal with health-preserving concepts suitable for all ages and employment profiles.
We support our employees in living healthy lives. We provide competent advice, attractive sports activities, healthy nutrition and seminars on how to cope with stress. Our approach to health management and occupational safety is the provision of comprehensive prevention programs before the occurrence of illness and accidents. Your health matters to us as much as it does to you!
Prevention: Avoiding Health Risks is the Best Medicine
Our health management is intent on preserving and supporting health – so that diseases do not occur in the first place. Human beings need a well-balanced nutritious diet rich in vitamins, regular physical activity and mental balance – and this is where we support the individual. On top of that, our various Corporate Divisions directly engage in medical prevention. Here are a few examples that show our commitment to employee health:
- Diehl Controls offers changing health focuses with different activities, examinations and seminars.
- Diehl Controls facilitates regular health checks at the Polish locations.
- Diehl Aviation provides vaccination consultations and travel consulting in Laupheim.
- Diehl Defence hosts Health Days during which vein function tests and influenza vaccinations are offered.
- Diehl Metering follows a varied health prevention approach at the German Business Units in Apolda, Ansbach and Nuremberg. The company raises awareness of the ”Healthy Leadership“ among managerial staff, offers weekly fitness courses for employees, organizes Health Days with medical checkups and advice on a regular basis, and promotes a healthy way of living in general, e.g. with a dedicated incentive program.
Nutrition: Enjoying with Heart, Mind and Soul
A balanced diet is one of the most important factors for good health and a high quality of life. The body needs to be optimally provided with all nutrients to stay effective. Those who eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and get sufficient exercise are on the right track. Here are some of the measures with which Diehl supports you in doing so:
- At Business Units that have their own canteens we provide tips for healthy food and pay attention to diverse and balanced menues.
- Numerous branch offices organize health days when they provide information about the right nutrition.
- At Diehl Controls in Wangen im Allgäu, free fruits and water are available to all employees during their working hours.