Designed for residential and small commercial energy consumers, the IEC Single Phase Meter sets a new standard for revenue-grade smart energy meters. Safe, accurate, and reliable, the meter incorporates a full suite of operating features with an integrated, software-controlled disconnect switch, a comprehensive information display, and Echelon’s robust, bidirectional power line signaling technology. Each meter, which is automatically managed by an NES Data Concentrator, can also act as a repeater to reach other meters. This lets it create a power line-based meshed network of meters that exactly matches the real topology of a utility’s low-voltage distribution network.
INTEGRATED DISCONNECT/RECONNECT SWITCH
• Integrated 100A switch can be locally or remotely controlled.
• Supports customer move-in/move-out management, load limiting, and pre-paid metering.
• Up to 16 channels of remotely configurable load profile data can be captured at programmable intervals ranging from 5 minutes to once a day.
• Load profile storage capacity is a function of the number of channels and the log interval. For example, single-channel, 1-hour data can be retained for 180 days.
ADVANCED POWER LINE COMMUNICATION
• Every NES smart meter includes Echelon’s proven, standards-based, power line communications technology — the world’s most widely deployed signaling technology.
• Every meter includes an automatic repeating function.
• Communicates with an NES Data Concentrator.
POWER QUALITY ANALYSIS
• Long and short outage detection with configurable time threshold.
• Voltage sag and swell detection with configurable voltage and duration thresholds.
• THD event detection with analysis up to 10th harmonic to reveal unusual conditions.
• Remotely configurable time-of-use metering leading to peak load reduction supports 4 tariff tiers with up to 10 tier switches per day.
• Rich calendar functionality with day schedules for each season, adjustable time zones, and support for daylight savings time.
• Support for changing the calendar through a pending time-of-use calendar.
• Optional demand metering allows billing based on maximum demand.
• Includes support for block or rolling demand calculations, configurable demand intervals, and logging 2 coincident parameters.
• Supports local or remote demand reset.
• Energy credit-based prepay functionality including varying deductions per time-of-use scheduling, configurable emergency credit, and audible low credit alarm.
• Cover tamper is detected, logged, and communicated. Cover tamper operates even during a power failure.
• Measurement technology is immune to magnetic tampering. However, magnetic tamper can be optionally detected.
• When used together, alarms, measurements, and tamper events can detect most fraud and tamper attempts.
MULTIPURPOSE EXPANSION PORT (MEP)
• Optional MEP lets partners attach secure hardware extensions to the meter for communication with devices like in-home displays, or gas and water meters.
• Powered MEP option can provide up to 1 Watt of power to external devices.
• Lets utilities expand meter capabilities when needed.
• Measures forward, reverse, and net active energy.
• Measures kvarh import and export.
• Measures 4-quadrant kvarh when demand metering is included.
OTHER STANDARD FEATURES
• MID Class B active power, Class 2 reactive power.
• -40°C to +70°C operating temperature range.
• Event log with circular buffer to store 100 events.
• Large-character, auto-scrolling, eight-digit LCD display.
• Two pulse output LEDs to represent active and reactive energy.
• Optical port for use with NES Provisioning Tool.
Certified to: IEC 62052-11 ; IEC 62053-21 ; IEC 62053-23 ; IEC 62052-21 ; IEC 62054-21 ; IEC 61010-1 ; EN 50065-1 ; EN 50470-3 . Complies with: DIN 43857; DIN 43864; ANSI C12.18  (communications protocol); ANSI C12.19  (data structure); IEC 62053-31 (class A for S0 pulse output); IEC 62056-21  (physical and electrical requirements only); DIN EN 13757-2 ; DIN EN 13757-3 .
For 5A basic current and up to 100A maximum current.
• Active: Class 1 certified to IEC 62053-21, Class B certified to EN 50470-3 (MID).
• Reactive: Class 2 certified to IEC 62053-23.
TEMPERATURE, SPECIFIED OPERATING RANGE
-40° to +70° C (3K7), display fully operational from -25° to +60° C
TEMPERATURE, LIMITED OPERATING RANGE
-40° to +70° C (3K7)
TEMPERATURE, LIMIT RANGE FOR STORAGE AND TRANSPORT
-40° to +70° C (3K7)
<=95% RH, non-condensing.
Real-time clock accurate per IEC 62052-21 / 62054-21 to +/- 0.5 seconds per day.
220V to 240V phase-to-neutral, range is -20% to +15%.
50 Hz +/- 5%
Direct connection of line and load conductors.
Basic 5A; maximum 100A (amperage depends on local regulatory requirements).
LOAD DISCONNECT SWITCH
With remote disconnect and enable.
- Mechanical life at maximum power,PF =1:5,000 cycles
- Maximum switching current:100 A
- Maximum overload current:120A / 150A (30 min.)
- Maximum switching voltage:277 V AC
- Short circuit < 3mS:3,000 A
- Maximum switching power:27kVA
- Insulation strength:4 kV at 50Hz, 1 minute
contact to contact: 2 kV
coil to contact: 4 kV
- Impulse voltage:1.2 / 50μS to IEC 62052-11
contact to contact: > 4 kV
coil to contact: > 12 kV
Voltage circuit: < 2W; apparent power < 5VA;
Current circuit at Imax: < 6.0VA @100A, < 5.0VA @ 80A
kW forward, reverse; kWh forward, reverse, forward + reverse, forward - reverse; kvar import, export; kvarh import, export; RMS voltage; RMS current; power factor; frequency; rolling and block demand for energy sources and per quadrant kvarh (optional).
POWER QUALITY ANALYSIS
Sag; swell; number of over-current occurrences; number of short power outages; number of long power outages; duration and time of the last 10 long power outages; maximum and minimum frequency; phase loss; total harmonic distortion.
TIME OF USE
4 tariffs with 10 possible tier switches per day; 4 seasons per perpetual calendar (set by day/month); perpetual holiday calendar for up to 15 holidays per year; perpetual daylight savings changeover; 2 separate holiday day schedules per season; 1 weekday, 1 Saturday, and 1 Sunday day schedule per season.
DATA LOGGING INTERVALS
User-selected at 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 60 minutes, or 1 day.
IEC 62056-21  (physical and electrical requirements); ANSI C12.18  (communications protocol).
2 pulse-output LEDs representing kWh and kvarh; signaling at 1,000 impulses per kWh or kvarh.
CONTROL RELAY (OPTIONAL)
Single-pole voltage-free latching relay; maximum load rating is 250V, 5A; fully isolated.
PULSE OUTPUT, SO (OPTIONAL)
1 reference and 1 signal terminal per IEC 62053-31 / DIN 43864.
PULSE COUNT AND TAMPER (OPTIONAL)
2 pulse input channels. Counting and recording pulses from devices with voltage-free pulse transmitters; 25-millisecond minimum pulse width; pulse input circuits are not designed to power intelligent external devices; operates with most passive and opto-coupler/transistor interfaces.
Up to 4 devices; isolated; short-circuit protection; encryption supported; DIN EN 13757-2 and DIN EN 13757-3 compliant.
POWER WIRING TERMINALS
Line, load, 2 neutral; maximum wire size: 35mm sq. (used cables may not fit) terminal inside diameter: 9mm.
Password protection for optical communication; authenticated, password-protected transactions and encryption for power line communication.
Outdoor (IP54), insulating encased meter of protective class 2.
IEC 61010-1 ; CE marked.
Control relay; magnetic tamper; pulse inputs; S0 output; M-Bus; powered or un-powered MEP; demand metering. (Contact factory for valid option combinations.)
Specifications subject to change without notice.
|IEC SINGLE PHASE METER|
|A||125.30 mm | 4.93 inches|
|B||206.30 mm | 8.12 inches|
|C||71.82 mm | 2.83 inches|
|D||33.00 mm | 1.30 inches|
|E||52.90 mm | 2.08 inches|
|F||3.00 mm | 0.12 inches|
|G||9.00 mm | 0.35 inches|
|H||9.00 mm | 0.35 inches|
|I||13.50 mm | 0.53 inches|
|J||24.00 mm | 0.94 inches|
|K||18.00 mm | 0.71 inches|
|L||23.00 mm | 0.91 inches|
|M||11.00 mm | 0.43 inches|
|N||136.68 mm | 5.38 inches|
|O||127.68 mm | 5.03 inches|
|P||88.68 mm | 3.49 inches|
|Q||18.00 mm | 0.71 inches|
|R||103.11 mm | 4.06 inches|
|S||106.89 mm | 4.21 inches|